Saturday, March 29, 2008

Visual Aid

I'm really more of a word botcher than a bird watcher, but yesterday I heard a familiar voice in the neighborhood. I hadn't heard a Baltimore Oriole since I was a kid, but I think there's one making its home in the trees near my apartment building.

They're shy birds, but I thought I spotted one in the bare limbs. I whipped out my camera but knew that, shooting it against the early morning southeastern sky, I'd only get a silhouette:



I had a plan: Import the shadowy thing into Paint Shop Pro, crop, and click on Clarify and Saturate about a million times. Of course I wouldn't get a good photo out of it - I just wanted to see what colors would come up.



Close enough? I think I'm right. I recognized the voice. Maybe I'll name this one Belanger.

Love, hosaa
seeing through my ears - and technology

No comments: