Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Blundering Gracefully

Dear me, I knew this would happen.

Facebook confuses me with its publicly private world. In the process of trying to follow some of my favorite artists and arts organizations, I accidentally (okay, maybe not very accidentally) clicked on a friend request for a certain dancer.

A week or two passed with the "request pending" still sitting in my Friends list. I thought about deleting it, but would that have seemed rude?

(For the record, there is a friend request of my own sitting in my notifications: the high-school boyfriend who dumped me before prom and took my best friend and who is now a married minister, and a Republican to boot. He only needed three strikes.)

Last night when I got home from the Kaleidoscope skating-for-survivors event with Scott Hamilton, I checked my e-mail and found that I'd had a message from the dancer whose friendship I had blundered into requesting.

It was a very sweet greeting that invited me to join his fan group, which I did right away. This dancer is most certainly a master of the art of the graceful gesture. But I won't get to tell him how much he reminds me of Rudolf Nureyev.

love and big smiles, hosaa
blundering as gracefully as possible

Here's Scottie! [click to enlarge]

2 comments:

Dianne Barbee said...

Hosaa,

Thnx for sharing your graceful blunder. You are a gifted storyteller.

So glad you enjoyed the "Kaleidoscrope" skating show!

Have an awesome week!

Caro

Ashes said...

Hosaa,

That was an exciting blunder, wish mine would turn out so well :)

Thank you for the photos of Scottie!

Cheers, Ashes