Saturday, June 6, 2009

Ford's Theatre Museum

I'm very impressed with the renovated museum devoted to Lincoln that will be reopening this summer in downtown Washington, D.C. (equidistant between Metro Center and Gallery Place subway stops).

This 14-minute "flyover" of the project, and what you can expect when you visit, illustrates some very sophisticated museology. It combines information with interactivity, with particular attention to the experiential aspects of learning. I LOVE the four-story stack of books that is the centerpiece of the learning center, showcasing Lincoln scholarship.



Well done, Ford's! I'll be there.

Go to: Ford's Theatre Museum

1 comment:

Ashes said...

Hosaa, very interesting! I enjoyed the video and hope there will be a TV special for the Ford's Theatre Museum in the future.
I do my 'travelling' that way!
Thanks for the information.