Thursday, June 4, 2009

What's in a Name?

I've been a supporter of the Bubel/Aiken Foundation for almost six years. I haven't seen the press release yet, but I understand that its name is being changed.

Clay Aiken--co-founder and Chair of the foundation that provides education and other resources for promoting the inclusion of children with disabilities into programs with their "typical" peers--has long said that he wanted the Foundation to be sustainable without the need for his celebrity spotlight.

I've sent in my share for a place at the table at the October "Champions for Change" gala. Their good work will continue to need our support, no matter what they call the Foundation! I champion them, I champion their change.

(Now I only wish I could steal all their good ideas to help my own organization, the World Future Society. Stay tuned....)

love, hosaa
not naming names

3 comments:

Ashes said...

Hosaa,

It would be super to have the media run headlines for the BAF--when the new name is released! We can hope!

Good luck with your new foundation!

Thanks for your visits & comments to Clay the Man--and the neat comment at Always Amazing on YouTube. Glad you enjoyed it!

A good day to you :)

jbc4clay said...

Yes, Clay Aiken has been saying for a couple of years that he and Diane wanted to rename The Bubel/Aiken Foundation to something without their names.
I too have supported it form many years. They do amazing work.

Jannet said...

And besides... I think it would be a really good thing for them to come up with something else that isn't continuously mispronounced... or associated with 'a different artist'...