Monday, August 19, 2013

Second Glance DIY

Ack! My favorite part of Sunday morning is doing the Washington Post magazine's Second Glance puzzle - find the 12 differences. Today they just had the before picture with no after and no key!

So I did it myself.

Original photograph by Washington Post reader Graham Joscelyne; ceramic shoe collection of Shelly Kreykes in Vienna in May.

Click to enlarge and open in viewer. (Bonus question: Name that boyfriend!)






eta, Oops! Too funny: Now that I look at it in broad daylight, there are 13 differences; I forgot to number them when I started. Look in the middle of the picture, slightly to the northwest of center: a little toe detailing on the moccasin removed.

etaa, update 8-26-13: Yesterday the print edition of the Post gave the answers to their version of the before and after. Obviously they doctored different bits in the picture than I did in my DIY, but we had many similarities:

Number 11 in mine (upper right corner), I enlarged the shoe, whereas they removed it.

In my Number 7, we both changed the color of the shoelaces (theirs were blackened, mine got multicolored).

For Number 4 in mine (lower left corner), they labeled their change "Bigger star." HAHA! My "bigger star" is bigger than their "bigger star."  (Clay Aiken Rulzz!)

No comments: